Nepal appointed nine goodwill ambassadors for the promotion of Visit Nepal Year 2020
Tourism Promotion Committee of Province-1 has honored nine different dignitaries as the Tourism Goodwill Ambassadors for the Visit Nepal Year 2020 campaign.
Chief Minister Sherdhan Rai presented certificates to the ambassadors during a meeting held in Province-1 on December 15, 2019.
List of appointed ‘Goodwill Ambassadors’:
- Kami Rita Sherpa – First person to climb Mt. Everest 24 times
- Pinky Rajgarhia – Asia Universe 2017
- Mira Rai – Ultra Marathon runner
- Dipa Shree Niraula – Actor
- Rajan Adhikari – Tallest Nepali with a height of 97.3 Inch
- Mingma Sherpa – Summiteer of 14 highest peaks
- Sanu Sherap – Summiteer of 14 highest peaks
- Chhang Dawa Sherpa – Summiteer of 14 highest peaks
Earlier, the Government of Nepal has declared year 2020 as the ‘Tourism Year’ for the country with an aim to attract 2 million tourists.
Visit Nepal Year 2020 will kick start on January 1, 2020 with an inauguration ceremony at Dasharath Stadium, Nepal.