A total of 28 athletes will be awarded during the event
The Nepal National and International Players’ Association (NNIPA) is all set to organize the 14th NNIPA Sports Award ceremony at Basantapur Dabali on February 18, 2020.
A total of 28 athletes from different sports will be presented with the awards during the event.
The sports categories include
|Lawn tennis||Badminton||Golf||Table tennis|
|Roller sports||Pencek silat||Karate||Wushu|
The players will be selected based on their performance in the ‘Jakarta-Palembang 2018 Asian Games’ in Indonesia and on the proposal of their concerned sports associations.
The awards include:
- Cash Prize of NPR 10,000 for each Athlete
- Cash Prize of NPR 100,000 for ‘Best Male Athlete’ among the 28
- Cash Prize of NPR 100,000 for ‘Best Female Athlete’ among the 28
- NNIPA Sports Journalism Award and cash prize of NPR 25,000 for one Sports Journalist
- Cash Prize of NPR 35,000 for one Athlete by Gajraj Joshi Aadarsh Sports Foundation
For NPR 10,000 cash prize, NNIPA and the concerned association of the athlete will contribute NPR 5,000 each.
As per their 5-year contract with NNIPA, the Global IME Bank will contribute the cash prize of NPR 100,000.
The Dignitaries at the Event include:
- Deepak Bista – NNIPA President
- Kanchhi Maya Koju – NNIPA Vice-president
- Sanat Thapa – Social Development Head at Kathmandu Metropolitan City
- Chhabi Lal Humagain – Global IME Bank CSR Manager
Moreover, the NNIPA has decided to introduce ‘Para Athlete Award’ for the best para athlete of the year from this edition.
Stay tuned to NepaliSansar for more Nepal latest sports news!