The 44 industries can resume operations from May 8, 2020.
So far, Nepal has reported 99 coronavirus infection cases and zero deaths. Currently, there are 77 active cases and 22 recovery cases.
As of today, the global coronavirus positive cases have reached 3,836,183 while the death toll climbed to 265,364.
A total of 2,263,211 patients are undergoing treatment and 1,307,608 patients got discharged after a successful recovery.
COVID-19 Cases in Nepal
Nepal has started witnessing a sudden surge in the coronavirus infection cases since the last week. However, the total COVID-19 cases are almost negligible when compared to other countries.
The Nepali Government has reported 30 coronavirus positive cases in the last three days, taking the total tally to 99.
The sudden rise in cases has raised alarm across the country and incited the government to extend the ongoing lockdown till May 18, 2020.
However, the government has planned to allow considerable relaxations on some economic activities.
It has released the list of 44 industries that can resume operations from May 8, 2020. They include-
- Food processing
- Sawmill and wood products
- Dairy products
- Bakery items, cookies and confectionaries
- Iron and steel
- Aluminum products
- Pharmaceuticals, surgical gears and medical equipment
- Paint-based products
- Grill items
- Drinking water
- GI and plastic pipes
- fitting products
- Garbage collection and processing
- Cardamom and ginger processing
- Electrical products
- Transportation and cargo services
- Fodder for livestock and fishery
- Poultry farming, goat farming, swine farming, and cow farming
- Juice and soft drinks
- Machinery parts workshop
- Cooking oil and ghee
- Rice and beaten rice
- Plywood Motor garage workshop
- Electricity generation, electric items, transmission line, and transforms
- Printing and press
- Tea processing
- Insecticides and Agro-vet products
- Zinc plates
- Small and cottage industries manufacturing all types of goods
- LP gas
- Mining and mineral-based products
- Heavy machinery items repairing
- Industries in the Special Economic Zones (SEZ)
- Packaging materials
- Sand processing and crusher
- Mining such as limestone, iron, red clay, etc.
- Industries in the industrial estates
Stay Tuned to Nepali Sansar For Latest Updates on COVID-19!