The government decided to accept the World Bank grant worth NPR 21.7 billion for School Sector Development Program
The meeting of the Council of Ministers held in Singha Durbar on October 04, 2019 was witness to several important decisions made by the Nepal Government.
Communications and Information Technology Minister Gokul Prasad Baskota announced the decisions in the meeting.
- World Bank Grant – Firstly, the government decided to accept the World Bank grant worth NPR 21.7 billion for School Sector Development Program’s effective implementation.
According to the World Bank, the grant will pave way for equal access and provision of basic and secondary education for more than 7 million students, 180,000 teachers and education providers in 30,000 community schools and centers in Nepal, every year.
- Vacancies for 60 Gazetted Posts – Baskota also announced that the meeting decided to approve vacancies for 60 gazetted posts for seven projects of the Energy, Water Resources and Irrigation Ministry for the ongoing fiscal.
- Ramchandra Dhakal Appointed as SFA Executive Director
The Industries, Commerce and Supplies Minister Ramchandra Dhakal will be appointed as Special Financial Authority (SFA) Executive Director until a suitable candidate for the same is found.
Nepal Army’s Brigadier Generals Ashokraj Sigdel and Gokul Bhandari will be promoted to Major Generals and five colonels will be promoted to Brigadier Generals
- Permission for usage of the national forests for upgradation of the Nakkhukhola-Bhaisepati-Bangamati road.
- Permission to the Nepali Delegation headed by Ministry of Energy, Water Resources and Irrigation Secretary for participation in the Joint Working Group’s 7th meeting as part of the Nepal-India Cooperation in Power Sector.